top news

Events/News

Industry News: Majority Stake Acquisition in Coty Professional Beauty by KKR

Monday, 11 May 2020 13:31

At a contemplated enterprise value of $4.3 billion, Coty and KKR have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the latter to acquire a majority stake in Coty’s Professional Beauty and Retail Hair Businesses.

Today Coty Inc. announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with global investment firm, KKR, for the sale of a majority in Coty’s Professional Beauty and Retail Hair business, which includes Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI, and ghd brands (together ‘Wella’).

Under the terms of the MOU, Coty will carve out ‘Wella’ and its portfolio of professional brands into a standalone company in which KKR will acquire a 60 percent stake and Coty will retain the remaining 40 percent interest. Coty acquired the Professional Beauty and Retail Hair brands in 2016 from Procter & Gamble.. The exception will be Coty’s mass beauty business in Brazil, which will remain a fully owned business of Coty. We are thrilled with this announcement. KKR is one of the world’s preeminent investment firms with an exemplary track record of value creation, commented Sylvie MoreauPresident of Coty Professional Beauty.  "As a market leader with one of the strongest portfolios of brands in the professional beauty market, we believe this partnership opens up a new set of opportunities for ‘Wella’, our people, and our brands.

KKR is a pioneer of the global private equity model, with over 43 years of investment experience. The firm has a long track record of investing in branded consumer businesses, including the beauty sector. Its portfolio includes 109 companies with over $157 billion in annual revenues and employing over. We are excited to form this partnership to invest in Coty to support it through this period of unprecedented global uncertainty," added Johannes Huth, Partner and Head of KKR EMEA. "At the same time it will allow it to emerge as a stronger, more agile business, and to acquire a majority stake in Wella, a market leader with a strong portfolio of brands in the attractive professional hair market where we see significant opportunities to accelerate growth in partnership with its experienced leadership team. We look forward to working towards the establishment of a lasting and value-creating strategic partnership.

In this year where Wella Professionals is turning 140 years old, I am proud and inspired at the prospect of Wella operating again as a standalone Company. I am confident that partnering with KKR will propel our people and our brands into a bright and successful new future,concluded Sylvie Moreau.

KKR is expected to own 60 percent of ‘Wella’ and Coty 40 percent, subject only to completion of limited confirmatory due diligence and execution of definitive documentation. The agreement is expected to be signed by the end of May.

Related items

  • Winter Lockdown: Hair Needs Protection Too 11 May 2020

    Lockdown in April and May was bad enough, but the harshness of Winter can take even more of toll, not just on our spirits but also on our health and well-being - and that goes for our hair too, so it's really important to connect with clients and encourage them to take extra care of themselves and their hair.

  • Is the Stress of Covid Causing Hair Loss? 11 May 2020

    Leading trichologist, Mark Blake, says this pandemic has had a major impact on hair loss and while there is no scientific evidence of a direct link, an increasing number of people who are recovering from COVID-19 are reporting hair loss as a side effect of the illness.

  • Backstage 11 May 2020

    Christophe Gaillet is constantly inspired by his work and has interpreted several hairstyles to enhance the natural beauty of every woman whose hair he has had the pleasure of styling. “Backstage” is devoted to long, wavy, straight hair and up-does.

  • 5 Time-Saving Hair Hacks by Sam Villa 11 May 2020

     'Less is more' has never been more relevant.  This past year, everyone has had to learn to live with less and learn how to do more.  When we emerge from Lockdown 3.0, 'value at the chair' is what will keep stylists significant and sharing how guests can style hair faster and easier wins them over every time.

Copyright © 2012 | All rights reserved • Edizioni Esav s.r.l. | P.iva 05215180018 | email:info@estetica.it | Privacy Policy login | Powered by coolshop

popup - Wisepops - script

Cookies - UK